The Housing Counseling Program is proud to offer the following Counseling and Education Services:
- Pre-Purchase Counseling is offered in an one-on-one setting and is provided to educate individuals and families on the process of home ownership. This includes preparing individuals and families to become mortgage ready. There are no income restrictions.
- Homebuyer Education is an eight hour course offered on the second Friday of every month or on special arrangement. This class focuses on budgeting, credit, lending, inspection, shopping for a home, predatory lending, and preventative maintenance.
- On-line Homebuyer Education is offered through eHOME America, under circumstances in which on-site Homebuyer Education is not the best fit for the client.
- Delinquency/Default Counseling is an one-on-one session and usually is of an urgent nature. Counselors will work with clients to reassess their financial status, reconfigure budgets, and develop plans to prevent foreclosure.
- Non-Delinquency Post-Purchase Education is offered in a classroom setting. This four hour session has a specialized curriculum that involves learning about energy efficiency, maintenance and home repair activities, and finanical maintenance and refinancing.
- Non-Delinquency Post Purchase Counseling is offered in an one-on-one setting. Most often clients need information on repair programs and maintenance related issues. These clients usually have short term counseling needs, which involve advocacy, referral and case management activities by the Housing Counselor.
To sign up for any of these classes, contact Theressa Nichols at 304-363-0860 ext 127 or at firstname.lastname@example.org